Tuesday 20 July 2010

Day seven...


Today I visited the Archipelago gallery where I was shown round by Rupert Wood who firstly took me around to gallery. I loved the Club Pony posters that were designed by Robin Beck and now desperately want one so I may have to revisit soon. I was then shown the workrooms where the silkscreen prints are created. Rupert explained each step they have to take to produce a print, which is a lot more complex than I first thought. It made me realise how cheap the prints were being sold for in relation to the time that has been spent on each individual print.

Once I returned back to the Site Gallery I focused on writing the Part B of my Arts Awards as my experiences and thoughts on the gallery were fresh in my head. After finishing this I then started on my Part A, getting quite a lot done. I’ve had a very productive day so am happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment